Juicy Apple Tart with Cinnamon
There are such desserts that evoke nostalgia and remind us of something special, and one of them is this brilliant combination of shortbread dough with apples and cinnamon. This apple tart with cinnamon will bring back childhood memories to those who favour classic values. Read more about cinnamon and its use in confectionery in this article.
- Mix the flour (1), icing sugar, salt, and hazelnut flour together with butter.
- Then gradually add the eggs and finally the flour (2).
- Roll out the dough 2.5 mm thick between two sheets of acetate film and cool in the fridge.
- Cut out the dough base with a tarte ring (Silikomart set Tarte Ring), place the base and ring on a perforated silicone mat and cut out the sides from the dough at the corresponding height, and then push the dough firmly against the edges of the ring.
- Freeze along with the rings in the blast chiller or freezer.
- Bake for 8-10 min. at 150 °C (not completely ready).
- Heat the milk, vanilla, invert sugar and double cream, and allow the aroma to infuse.
- Mix the corn starch and sugar separately. Add the egg yolk and egg, and whisk.
- Heat both masses till they reach the temperature of 82 °C.
- Cool to 18 °C and use as a component of frangipane cream.
Hazelnut frangipane with cinnamon
- In a mixer bowl with “the flat beater” tool, mix the butter and icing sugar, then add all the other ingredients.
- Fill the cream in the baked shortbread dough bases and bake at 150 °С for 12-15 min.
Apples in caramel
- Soak the gelatine.
- Cut the apples into thin slices.
- Melt the sugar in a pan and add butter, stir, then fry the apples.
- Finally add the liqueur and caramel sauce and evaporate the liquid, reducing it by half.
- Remove from the heat, add gelatine, fill into silicone moulds or metal rings.
- If desired, cover with neutral glaze.
- Place on top of the tarts. Decorate with hazelnut.
- Before serving, thaw in the fridge at +2 °С to +6 °С for 4-6 hours.
- Decorate with hazelnuts and serve with vanilla ice cream.