Valentine’s Day Raspberry Cake – Heart
Valentine’s Day is the day to enjoy delicious dessert in a romantic atmosphere, such as creamy mousse cake with refreshing raspberries. This Valentine’s Day cake is of the perfect size to be enjoy by two and can be beautifully served in a restaurant. The recipe of the Valentine’s Day cake is offered by Gemoss Chef-Confectioner Diāna Ozoliņa.
Biscuit “Pain de gênes” (20×30 cm)
- In a mixer bowl whisk marzipan with 16 g of sugar, eggs and egg yolks for about 10 minutes. The mass should double and become creamy.
- Add sifted flour, vanilla seeds and lemon zest, and mix gently with a silicone spatula.
- Whisk some egg whites with salt, then add the remaining sugar and foam until the mass is flexible and creamy.
- Stir in portions of the egg whites mass into the dough using a silicone spatula.
- Finally, stir in the melted butter with a silicone spatula.
- Place the dough on a baking tray and spread to a thickness of 1 cm.
- Bake at 170ºC for 10-15 min. Cool and freeze.
- Cut out two biscuits with the heart-shaped press. Store in a freezer before use.
- Mix the sugar with pectin.
- Heat the puree with invert sugar to 40ºC.
- Slowly add sugar with pectin to the puree, stirring constantly.
- Bring to the boil and add lemon juice.
- Pour the jelly into the heart-shaped mould with the biscuit in the bottom. Place fresh raspberries on top, and then top them with the second biscuit and freeze.
Mascarpone cheese mousse with vanilla
55 g mascarpone cheese
38 ml water
78 g white chocolate
2 g gelatin 200 (Bloom)
78 g whipped cream 35%
1 vanilla pod
- Melt the chocolate and add vanilla.
- Heat water to 30ºC and mix with soaked and melted gelatin.
- Add to the chocolate and blend.
- Add mascarpone cheese and blend.
- In the end mix in lightly whipped cream with silicone spatula.
- Use immediately.
167 g water
300 g glucose syrup
300 g sugar
213 g condensed milk
144 g gelatin mass 200 Bloom
300 g white chocolate
3 g colouring
- Prepare 24 h before use.
- Boil water, glucose syrup and sugar to 103°C.
- Add the syrup to the gelatine mass, condensed milk, chocolate and colouring.
- Wait while the chocolate starts melting and then blend together.
- The glaze can be stored at 4°С for a month in an airtight container covered with food film or at -18°C for 6 months.
Construction of the cake
- Pour mascarpone cheese mass into the silicone heart-shaped mould.
- Immerse the frozen raspberry compote and sponge cake into the mousse. Freeze.
- Heat the glaze in the microwave oven, blend and cover the frozen cake with the glaze (the temperature of which is 35°C). Decorate according to your individual design.
- Thaw the cake in the refrigerator (4°C) for 6 to 8 hours before serving.